Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiro

Resignation

7 posts in this topic

Hello Kevin,

This was the only place where I could think of that wouldn't be seen by anyone that you wouldn't absolutely trust. 

First off, I want to thank you for everything you have given me, your trust and your concerns for this community. I have been here for almost 2 years now and it's been an amazing time of my life, regardless of what changes are happening now in these few months I will always be thankful. 

I don't know what you think I do around here, or what you think I'm capable of doing, only I will know that. I've cared about every aspect of this community, defended you in almost every thinkable situation and called you out whenever you were being stupid. I know I promised to be here for as long as this place was alive, and I truly wanted to believe this too but I can't keep this promise. 

Seeing my friends leave, people who care about this community leave everyday because we're not able to give them the shift it needs is something that burns me up every day that i'm here. I want to stay here more than anything Kevin, but it's so difficult telling people that are waiting for me to fix everything when I know I don't have the power to do it. 

I can change this community so quickly, and everyone knows it and I know you know it too. I want to give you a way out, and from the moment months ago when you told me that you wanted to leave this place, I began thinking of how I could help you. I love you very much, even as gay as it sounds, you've been such an incredible teacher, and experienced individual to help me grow, I know I could never repay you.

The way out you want is right here, I've always been waiting for your word but when people ask me when it's happening and that they're going to leave because it can't happen, destroys me. I love this place more than you could ever imagine, I treat it as a second home, which is why I always make the time regardless of how busy I am, to be here and help it. 

The only thing I can think of is doing this, 

I want to take over SlayerGaming and give it the growth it deserves, the growth I know you can see it can have. Please don't think I am impulsively doing this, I have thought about it day in and day out for months, I have plans and workable goals to make it happen. I have support and very key members that will create a healthy growing environment, we can say toxicity is the reason for the decreased members and in a way it is, but you and I both know the servers are stagnating. 

If you decide you still want to be the main individual to be running this show, I have no regrets, I have told you everything that I have needed too and I have enjoyed my stay here more than probably anyone else. I will be taking a full step back from staff and from communities altogether. 

I love you Kevin, you're super stubborn and you've always wanted to push this place to grow even if it meant turning your back on your friends, and I've noticed 100% of that. I have a good grasp on you, and even with this thread I don't think you'll be willing to let it go, but I more than anything, want you to be able to grow from Slayers and let me show you what potential this incredible community has to offer when you come to see it again. 

If your answer is no, I understand. I will always root for you, to keep this place alive and be successful but I cannot have people look at me and be hurt any longer. 

Sincerely,

Waylon "Shiro" Chow.

I'm also really sorry I posted this right before Christmas, it was not my intention. 

Thanks for the post Shiro,

I know you really want to help and your intentions are good. Thanks for sticking with SG and investing so much time and energy into this place.

There is a lot of people who want to take this community is many different directions but I feel it's best to keep it on it's current course. Ultimately I am not comfortable with leaving SG. I know in the past couple months I haven't invested enough time into the community, but I plan to fix a lot of stuff next month. Im sorry if I got your hopes up for no reason, I don't mean to crush your expectations. It's partly my fault because I was in a unsure situation and shouldn't have just asked mystic and you to buy SG. TBH Im probably never gonna sell or abandon this place.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but I am doing what I think is best. Thank you again Shiro, you're one of the coolest people I've ever met, I understand you're tired, if you still decide to hang around I would be happy to still see you on and play, even if it's only from time to time. Good luck with life and thank you again.

Shiro likes this

I completely understand, thank you so much for everything. I will always be here to be your way out, and if you ever do decide to let this place go, depending on what state it is in, I will gladly take it. Goodluck Kevin, and I hope it brings great success for you. 

Also, remember that I'm not tired, it's just I don't want to hurt the people around me. This place is a home to me, and every bit of effort I put into it, is 100% worth it, all the time. 

I don't think I'm ready to leave yet. 

I don't want anyone influencing me to go, and if I make the decision to leave, I want it to be me 100%, there is too many people infecting my thought process. 

Sorry for the drama, I don't like to be a part of it and this is no exception. 

Somebody made me realize that this place is not worth leaving just because of negative thoughts. 

@President Evil @Lupus Sorry you two had to see the weakest side of me, I don't expect you to clean up for me. I don't want to let you guys make this a better place without me, I want to be part of every step to make it the best it can be. I will clear things up with the thread and lock it, and I will be honest about my thought process to everyone. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0