Chatbox
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bpendz

VB 4 and migration

17 posts in this topic

I think its time we transfer my license for V4 $15 to SG, and migrate what we can over to V4. Everything else we can work on as the need arises.

VB3 is great, but I think planning on upgraded now that VB3 is getting near or at end of life we will need to for security and performance.  

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

Yes we'll upgrade soon, this site has alot of addons/hooks that haven't been made for IPB 4(although when I last checked it was like 6 months ago) and that's what's stopped me from upgrading, otherwise the site is very bland.

I'll look into which addons and hooks have been made compatible soon.

This most important ones are:

• Portal
  • Shout Box
  • Donation Tracker

Less important:

• JLogica Awards
  • Video Systems
  • [HSC] Default Post Content (this is the addon that prefills admin abuse/admin app/unban appeal posts)
  • @ Mentions
  • Steam Login
  • (DP32) Secondary Group Icons
  • (SOS34) Group Color on User Links

I'll also have to buy this Animate theme for IPB4

Things that we can get for IPB4

• New Donation Tracker (I think I still have one from GbG)
  •  ShoutBox (Had one also, free)
  • New Theme/Redesign

At first we can just release without a portal and look into adding or developing one. I think there is a portal available now though.

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

Its been a week... How much does it cost to update your lic key? $15? 

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

Hello,

It would cost you nothing at all and we can do this for you.

IPS has historically offered managed upgrades as a courtesy to our longtime clients. Because the upgrade process has been significantly improved in the new IPS4 platform, we will no longer be performing upgrades on behalf of our clients after we upgrade your community to IPS4. We will, however, ensure a smooth upgrade from IP.Board 3.x to IPS4.

In order to proceed with the upgrade, please ensure all relevant access information, including FTP and AdminCP is provided and current within your license details. Please note, if your access information is not provided or not current, your request may lose its position in the upgrade queue.

Could you please reply stating that you agree to the following disclaimer:

"I understand that I am requesting Invision Power Services (IPS) perform an upgrade to my community suite on my behalf and the timeframe for such upgrade can be up to 10 business days. IPS will upgrade all active IPS products as part of this upgrade.

This upgrade will result in the loss of all custom changes such as skins, images, or other modifications. All base data, including: members, forums, topics, posts, etc. will remain intact.

I understand that unless I am on an IPS Community in the Cloud plan, it is my responsibility to perform a backup of the database, skins, and important files before the upgrade request is entered.

By completing this upgrade request, I agree that a backup has been made to restore my software and data in the event of upgrade issues."

Additionally, please carefully review the following changes for your community and provide us with your preference for each option:

User / Display Names

Usernames and display names have been merged in IPS4. As the administrator, you may select which to keep during the upgrade process. Please note that this field will be the publicly displayed field for the user. Would you like to retain usernames or display names?

Friends / Followers

Instead of friends, IPS4 features followers. A member now has the ability to follow another member without that being automatically reciprocal. You have the option of converting friends to followers, but please beware that this option may result in undesired notifications based on new content from followed members and we do NOT recommend you opt to convert. Would you like to convert friends data?

Question and Answer Forums

Previous versions of the software allowed enabling of "Mark as Solved" on a per-forum basis. IPS4 enhances this functionality by allowing members to ask questions and rate their answers. Would you like to convert existing "solved" topics or leave them as-is?

Once we have your acceptance and the requested information, we can then proceed with the upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen

We can do all the other changes, new skin, etc once switched over. And custom code/get any other stuff we need for the forum. 

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

"This upgrade will result in the loss of all custom changes such as skins, images, or other modifications. All base data, including: members, forums, topics, posts, etc. will remain intact."

does this include custom apps/addons? cuz if so that means they will get deleted and we wont be able to upgrade those apps to ipb4, meaning donation stats/records and the videos systems will be lost...

Mike John:

The data will still be stored in the database but just the mod functionality will be lost until you upgrade. First off make sure you take a backup before upgrading. Then after you've upgraded, check through this guide on details on how to upgrade - http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/165-upgrade-from-ipboard-34x/

Hello,

Your community has been upgraded to version 4, and is back online.

Since you chose to retain Display Names, please remember that you will login with "President Evil" now and not "admin".

The following information was shown during the upgrade:

ACP Restrictions
ACP restrictions cannot be converted during the upgrade. Please log in and review ACP restrictions for the following users once the upgrade is complete:

Flea__
bpendz

Pages HTML
HTML in pages, blocks and templates in Pages cannot be converted during the upgrade.
While those pages and blocks will continue to work, you may wish to adjust the HTML following the upgrade to integrate the styling used by the Community Suite 4.0.

Please be sure to review the above items.

Also please note that all of your old IP.Content pages will need to be rewritten. You are using code in them that does not work in version 4 at all.

I have created a very quick "Parking page" and set it as the default for testing. It does work, so the Pages app is working properly.

I have also left the site offline for now due to this issue, so you'll need to correct those Pages, and also set the site online or setup a CRON job quickly. (see below)

There are a number of Background Tasks running, to rebuild content slowly so as not to cause server resource issues, and which you can check on your ACP -> System page.

Please do not run those tasks manually, as that can cause server overload.

Those tasks are triggered by forum activity (people logged in and browsing the site), and until they finish, some of the layout may not be correct, such as quotes, signatures, lists, images, etc. If you do not have enough activity, or must keep the board offline, then you'd need to setup a CRON job to complete them.

Once those tasks have finished, however, if you notice any issues, please open a new ticket detailing the problem.
Regards,

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Don't touch crons we are fine, let it finish manually, I can check back to it tonight when I get home to make sure the background task's have finished. 

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

I'm really liking the use of AJAX pagination in this version.

edit: The page doesn't reload after posting either, nice.

Edited by Darkness

anti ban script

no point in posting anything until the background tasks are done 100%

atm the quote containers arent working either so we have to wait

Itll be a while, I sent you a text pres of what we are waiting on. It has to rebuild everything from the DB. so it is all displayed correctly 

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

Looks better now, check all forum permissions first and stuff wait till I get home we can dispatch it then. Are we changing theme? 

hlpxoQ5.jpg

dNelsdaulFGNO.gif

16gb 2133mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

EVGA Z97 FTW

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0