Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
President Evil

mic icon plugin

2 posts in this topic

@Darkness

for the past few months surf-rpg has been crashing 1-4 times a day, i noticed the crash error was the same as other servers too

I decided to remove 2 plugins, skinchooser and the mic icon, the server stops crashing, I found it hard to believe it was skinchooser so I add it back, server still hasn't crashed, then I add back mic icon and it crashes twice in one day, i remove it and for 3 days the server didn't crash once

so we found the culprit, mic icon

on our servers we are using an older version(v1.2) of mic icons(with updated gamedata),

there is anew version of the plugin (v2.0) the problem is when you died it makes all players on your team glow solid white when some player on that team talked on mic, so we just went back to using v1.2 as the glowing issue doesnt happen on there

32479cd840912e2fd4fe5edba4fe19de.jpg

this only happens when you are specing while dead, it doesnt happen when you are spec'ing in general, you have to be on a team and dead

anyways I add this new version to surf rpg, its been running on there for the past 4 day and there have been 0 crashes, im assuming this new version has some changes in it that fixes the crashes

i've asked Fran atleast 5 times over the past week to fix it, he says he will but never does anything

Im hoping you can apply the changes that fixed the crashes to the older version of the plugin, or just fix the new version so players don't glow or make a brand new version from the ground up if you feel

source:

*voiceannounce_ex .sp is identical in both versions

v1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dqhulke0ik8ar4/AACGxrii_TSy9rO56gpdKp-Ha?dl=0

v2.0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wu87uep1wb4u9tr/AABv1lkpsewSaZU8q8ehPttHa?dl=0